REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
By participating in the Faith, Love & Song Songwriting Competition, all entrants agree to and
shall abide by the following rules and guidelines:
1. The Faith, Love & Song Songwriting Competition is an open competition for amateur
songwriters, age 14 – 21, born between January 1, 1993 thru December 31, 2000.
2. Minors must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter .
3. Songwriters must not have any type of talent representation (eg. A talent
agency or manager), recording contract, or merchandising agreement, or any
other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from entering into a
management contract, recording contract or merchandising contract.
4. Songs submitted shall promote acceptance and diversity. The purpose of this
contest is to promote acceptance by creating awareness and understanding of
the origins of prejudicial violence through music created by our youth.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. Songwriters can enter more than one song.
7. Songs may have multiple co-writers. All co – writers must be listed in the
entry process. If applicable, scholarships will be divided evenly between cowriters.
8. Any and all submissions must be original compositions and the sole work of
the creator(s) listed. All entries must not be in violation of any copyright
laws, trademarks, intellectual property rights or basic ethical standards of
amateur or professional songwriting. Any entry found to be in violation of
the above or proven to be plagiarized in any way will be immediately
disqualified. Furthermore, RRACE, Harvest Productions nor Faith Always
Wins shall in o way be held liable for any such legal action that results from
unlawful or restricted submissions.
9. RRACE reserves the right to extend entry deadlines and make any necessary
changes, postponements or cancellations in event scheduling.
10. By entering the RRACE Songwriting Competition, entrant and /or their
parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be
bound by the decisions of RRACE , the producer, panel of judges and voting
public, which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound
by all terms of these official Rules and Regulations.
11. RRACE reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude, in our sole and
absolute discretion, any individual from the competition for any reason or no
reason at all including without limitation, violation of any portion of these
rules, or tampering with the entry or process.
12. Entries may be submitted starting January 1, 2015 through February 28,
13. Songs uploaded through the online submission system must be in one of the
following formats: MP3, WAV, or MP4. All lyrics must be uploaded in one of
the following file types: PDF or DOC
14. Songs submitted by mail must be sent to: Tammy Ruder, C/O Harvest
Productions, 1340 Burlington, North Kansas City, MO 64116. CD’s should be
labeled clearly with song title and writer names and include application.
15. Up to 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges.
16. Finalists will be notified by phone and email by March 15, 2015.
17. Finalists will be asked to provide a video of their finalist song by March 27,
18. The public through likes on youtube will vote finalists’ songs on. Judges’
scores plus the number of likes on the posted youtube version of each song
will determine winners. Voting will take place March 29 – April 4, 2015.
19. The winner, second and third place will be announced at the Faith Walk
tentatively scheduled for April 13, 2015.
20. The top three winners may be asked to perform or have another performer
present their winning song at the Faith Walk on April 13, 2015.
21. The winning song will be performed by the songwriter or another
performer/performers at the discretion of the producers at the KC SuperStar
finals on August 23, 2015.
22. All rights to submitted songs and lyrics are retained by their creator(s).
RRACE, Harvest Productions and Faith Always Wins will not reproduce any
submission for the purposes of sale and does not claim any ownership or
rights to any entry whatsoever. You remain the owner of your work.
23. RRACE, Harvest Productions and Faith Always Wins shall have the right to
feature the top 3 songs on their websites, promotional and marketing
materials for a year after winners are announced. No songs will be sold by
RRACE, Harvest Productions or Faith Always Wins.
24. All taxes are the responsibility of winner/s.